About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Sunday 20 May 2012

Another Blissful Weekend

I can't believe it's weekend again and for me it has been another blissful one. Yesterday (Saturday) I was doing some sewing while hubby was ironing his work shirts and he suddenly asked me if I could go for some Afternoon Tea.

 "Are you askng if I would like a cup of tea?" I asked.
 "It would be nice with some scones, jam and cream" he answered.
 "We don't have any" said I.
 "Let's go for a drive up to the top of Mt. Coot-tha and have afternoon tea there." He suggested.

 The ironing and the sewing were abandoned and we got in the car for the 20min drive up to Mt. Coot-tha. It was such a beautiful sunny day outside and we enjoyed (in the end) cups of coffee and shared a piece of citrus cheesecake and a piece of choc/hazelnut pear cake. I love it when he is spontaneous like that.

 The downside is that even though I remembered to grab my camera as we were leaving, when I tried to take a photo.....oops!....no card present. DRAT!  Oh well, I already have tons of photo's from there.

Brisband CBD from Mt Coot-tha taken last September


 Then today miss M and I had arranged to meet to go for a browse around the shops and have a coffee. We ended up having pancakes with strawberries, ice-cream and maple syrup too. After picking up some groceries she came home with me and is currently making some make-ahead meals for the week while I finally finished that sewing project.


 I made the top of this pillow and quilted it back in 2006 but, as usual, couldn't decide how to finish it. Eventually, I made a decision, thanks mainly to the cushion that Sue sent me a couple of weeks ago.

Till next time,


 
Also featured on Sew its Finished

5 comments:

  1. Your cushion is beautiful, you have finished it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely weekend! How sweet of your hubby to take you out for afternoon tea. The cushion is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cushion cover is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And such a beautiful day to be up the mountain. Great to see anoth4r finish - its gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great weekend... and how lovely of your husband to take you out for afternoon tea... and what a gorgeous spot to have it. I just love Mt Coot-tha and it's view of the city. Your cushion looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...