About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Saturday 22 September 2012

Off to Toowoomba we go! - Part 1

I undertook the 2hr drive out west and up the range to Toowoomba today, just to see some quilts.  Marylin was kind enough to do the journey with me and we had an enjoyable day out.

Getting there was a little stressful......why are some people so impatient on the roads? and of course the customary roadworks plus it seemed as if every man, woman and their dog were on their way up the range today......well it was also their Annual Flower Festival....! 2 hours up the range suddenly became 3.

Have a look at some of the quilts on display.

Seen a few blocks like this in Blogland lately
Funky and colourful Owls
Hexi's  - large ones....all hand pieced and hand quilted
Needleturned flowers on a quilt centre
Crazy quilt embellished with embroidered flowers and buttons
I loved these elephants - who wouldn't?
A 3-D mini quilt featuring a mouse in a rockery garden.
This was a great boys quilt...the dinosaurs and trees etc. were all needleturned.
Needle art dandylion - party of a mini quilt
Dragonfly from a Mosaic Quilt designed by Lorraine Carthew
I voted for this quilt  for the Viewers Choice Award.  It was difficult to photograph but it was very eye catching. The quilt was made and quilted by Kathy Adams, a well known quilter in the Toowoomba district. The quilting was superb.
After we wandered around the quilts, we headed off to the Village Green at Highfields for a spot of lunch and a much anticipated visit to The Quilters Angel.........more photo's so stay posted for Part 2 of this story.
Linking in to Sew Many Ways

Don't forget to take a peek at Part 2 for the rest of this mini journey.

6 comments:

  1. What a great collection of photos - spotted that typical Lorraine Carthew immediately! I think I should put it on my To do list for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT seems the drive was well worth it , wow and double wow , what amazing quilts I would have a very hard time choosing a favorite I loved all that you showed!Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! I love the hexi's the most. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mind is made up. I was debating if about going this year, like you we have a 2 hr drive. After seeing your beautiful photos we ar going Friday

    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be debating about going. My excuse is it is just 6am.

      Pauline

      Delete
  5. Is there a Patterson of thee Dino quilt.
    It's so nice for my grandsuns

    Gr. Aafke

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...