About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 7 January 2013

A Good Read or Not?

One of my non quilty goals this month was to finish my current novel "Voyager" by Diana Gabaldon.                                               
                                      Mission complete.



 I havebeen reading the series of books that started with Crosstitch  since 2009 when I bought the 6th (?) book without realising that there were ones preceding it. When I read Crosstitch, I couldn't put it down and wolfed through it like a person starved of food.  Then I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series, Dragonfly in Amber.  This was a little slow going and then it got interesting and then slowed down again but I couldn't wait to find out what was in store for Jaimie and Claire so I went out and got Voyager.  Well after the first few chapters, I knew it was going to be a slow one again.  A good story, but just too drawn out.  It has taken me 18 months to finish this book.  I sort of feel committed to reading the other books in the series as I have already got the 6th one but for the time being, I will be reading something a little different.

It has taken me 3 months to read this last little bit alone



8 comments:

  1. Hi Cath, I have been reading the latest one for about a year or more now! They are drawn out and I have really lost the thread of the story from one book to the next. I have actually heard Diana Gabaldon speak and she is a very interesting lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I always have to finish a book after I start and I love series, did you read others in between to get you out of the rut?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit like you - I love the whole concept of her books - but they are so long - I forget whats happened in the beginning of the book - let alone what happened in previous books. I have read them in order - though I don't think I've read the latest one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read them all and loved them but I must say I think the first book was the best... and like you I found them very slow in parts but great stories to follow xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not familiar with that series. They certainly are thick!!! No wonder it has taken you so long to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard of those books but have never read them. It's
    a pity though when you get a good book, you can feel you're
    going to like it and then it's drawn out and it kind of puts
    the mocha on things.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep going, sometimes a series gets a little hard to read, but they usually pick up. I am fond of reading multiple books or series. I have just finished book 5 of Game of Thrones and am eagerly waiting for the next book. He is taking so long to write them that I may just have to re-read the first ones to stay current with who's who!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished "An Echo In The Bone" and am frustrated beyond words. The end was so rushed, and had such a blatent cliffhanger. If you know another will be following, why rush through to the point of bad story telling? The first was the best.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...