About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Lovely day for a Chat

 Believe it or not, it is time for:

This week Patrice askes the following questions and I have anwered in pink.  Why don't you join in!


What's your favorite fruit?
I love the look of berries and always buy them but end up not enjoying them as much as I want to.  I have to say mangoes and bananas are my very favourite fruits. It might be interesting to note that until about 4 years ago I could not even stand the smell of mangoes in the house.....now I love them.


Wendell would like to know if you've ever been horseback riding.
I have always loved horses. My favourite book as a child was Black Beauty although it always made me cry.  I rode my first real horse when I was 7 at a family friends farm.  It bolted with me and I was terrified.  When I was 11, I went for horse riding lessons on an ex racehorse....he was gigantic! then my dad bought me a cantankerous old pony but I could just not win him over so in the end I gave up, he got sold on and I got a cute puppy dog instead. I love Wendell and would love to give owning a pony another go. My dream would be to give a rescue home to old horses.



 Do you carry a small purse, a big one, or just a wallet?
I think your "purse" means handbag in my language....so yes. I have two handbags.  One which I take to work and I make sure I have my name tag/swipe on card and locker key permanently in it with a pair of reading glasses.  My other bag is lighter in colour and I take it with me everywhere else.  It is bigger so has plenty of room if I want to slip my camera inside. Then all I have to remember is to swap my "purse" (in aussie.....receptacle for keeping money/credit cards) into which ever bag I am using for the day.  Up to now I have only forgotten my money purse at home once.  

If you could travel to one state for a day (all expense paid), where would you go? If you're not in the US, where would you like to travel within your country?
I live in Australia so definitely to Tasmania.  Hubby and I are planning on retiring there in a few years time.   I am dying to head there and start looking for a place to settle.  I have already set aside an itinerary for a 6 day road trip - (Well it is a long way, might as well make the most of it).


 What was your first car?
I have never owned my own car.  I only learnt to drive when I was 23 and I was already married then so we shared a car until my kids were in school and then we got a second car so I guess that was "mine". It was a fire engine red Ford Telstar and even though it was second hand, it was brand new to me and I found my independence by having my own car to drive.


 

4 comments:

  1. thanks, for stopping by. fruit is so good. love the pics you picked to share within your post. too cute. have a great week. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mangoes. I think the small yellow ones have such a lovely taste. Tasmania looks beautiful.I should have put handbag-purse-pocket book in that one question. Different areas call a handbag different things. Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be anxious too to find a place to settle! Sounds like a lovely place to retire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting Cath , I love mangos , hard to find decent ones here but I do try . Oh and I adore horses , my dad had harness racing horses and it was always my dream to own a saddle horse but it never happened .

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...