About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Sunday 3 November 2013

October turns Pink

October was Breast Cancer Awareness month

Every year at work, we have a bake sale to raise money for this event amongst our staff.  This year I made White Chocolate Cherry Blondie and Coconut Ice.
If I make the coconut Ice next year, I think I will cut them smaller.
I also donated two of my "manipulated" photos to the cause.  Here they are with my DJ special edition Teddy.


These are my own photos which I have manipulated to appear like art work. Roses above, tulips below.
I am still to find out who won the pictures but the cake sale was a huge success and the proceeds were donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.  We are all very supportive of our store's efforts to raise money, especially since two of our collegues passed away from breast cancer over the last year but even happier to report that two others are on their way to remission.
Baked goodies for sale and awareness literature in the staff room.
 

6 comments:

  1. The photos look great. Yummiest looking cakes and what a great cause and fantastic to hear about the remissions !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are so pretty, I especially like the roses. I also know of too many ladies affected by Breast Cancer, so it is a charity I am helping as well with sewing projects. xx debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cakes all look yummy - I love the teddy, did you make him??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cause , your photos were great and I love the teddy ! How sad to have so many colleagues affected with this disease.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love your photos....and what a great thing to do..well done to every one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, those look yummy. Your photos are wonderful! They were great items for donation.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...